Friday, October 19, 2018

An Untamed State by Roxanne Gay



An Untamed State by Roxanne Gay

***** 5 stars!!

Review:

This book broke my heart as I was reading it, knowing that this does happen often in these countries.

Mireille is kidnapped in her parents home country of Haiti, but her father was adamant he would not give in to these rebels and pay the ransom for her safe return.

What Mireille went through physically, mentally and emotionally was truly shocking and sickening. What a human being can do to another human being all for the sake of money, greed and power is horrifying.

I just could not put this book down even though the storyline was disturbing, you really did feel as though you were in the cage with Mireille, watching these events unfold. I felt all kinds of different emotions racing through me as I continued on through the book.

A fantastic thriller and I will be reading the authors future books!

No comments:

Post a Comment